Sunday, September 7, 2014

Among the Nerds - An Introduction

I am a nerd.  Shocking, I know, you never would have guessed that from the title.  I've always been "the weird kid."  I live in a family of nerds.  I relate to nerds.  I'm a nerd among nerds, and I like it that way :-)

Granted, I'm not a "conventional" nerd.  In high school, I hated math, and wasn't too fond of science.  I use an apple computer, and technology hates me.

No, I'm a music nerd.

I was the weird kid who loved music theory.  I would spend hours figuring out what a chord was and why it was used the way it was.  I'd chart out keys and harmonic structures.  In college, I'm a music major, and I absolutely loved my theory and aural skills classes.  I am sentimentally attached to my theory textbooks, okay?

That being said, now that I'm in college, I have discovered the wonders of math and science.  For some suicidal reason, I elected to take calculus I, and now calc II, for no other reason than because I wanted to...don't judge me...

Anyway.  This blog will probably contain a good bit of rambling about whatever I happen to be obsessed with at the moment.  I may post hair tutorials or other information about hair, specifically for people with very long hair (my hair is about mid-thigh length and I am entirely too fond of it).  There will probably be the occasional post about some book I've just read and feel the need to talk about.  There will be stuff related to school.  And I may occasionally have to talk about how cute my cat is being.

Also, be prepared for me to fall into a state of existential crisis, or start freaking out about how there is no one best answer to anything, or rant about the concept of "normal" when frankly I'm not entirely convinced such a thing exists.  Because that does happen sometimes...I apologize in advance.

Essentially, this is just a place for me to write things.  Theoretically, as I continue attempting to blog, I will start to fail progressively better.  I imagine there will always be an element of fail, but such is life :-)  The point isn't to always be perfect, it's to always do your best.

"Ever tried.  Ever failed.  No matter.  Try again.  Fail again.  Fail better."
     -Samuel Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment